• Image: Master's Lodge
  • Image: Master's Lodge

Master's Lodge, Trinity College

The Master’s Lodge, Grade l Listed, is located in Great Court, originally built in 1554 and extended 1601.

The West Wing was added in 1892 by Sir Arthur Blomfield to provide private accommodation for the Master, releasing the historic rooms for public functions. The Master’s Entrance Hall has 16th Century panelling and the Drawing Room has a late 15th Century plaster ceiling.

The Master’s Lodge refurbishment project is primarily led by complete services replacement, with access improvements including new lifts, historic fabric enhancement, french polishing to revive wall panelling and external repair of stone, render and lead hopper heads and downpipes.

Feilden+Mawson prepared a Historic Impact Assessment and successfully won Listed Building Consents both for the refurbishment and for external repair. Contractors are now being interviewed as part of a two-stage Tender, prior to starting on site in Summer 2020.