The End House
Mackay Baillie Scott (1865-1945) was internationally recognised as a leading architect of the Arts and Crafts Movement. His approach must have appealed to Cambridge academic clients, as he built several houses in the western part of the city. Now Grade II listed, The End House was built in 1911 for the then Master of Gonville & Caius College.
The current project involves returning the building to a single dwelling use, comprehensive refurbishment, new services, a complete insulative upgrade, an extensive new fit-out, 5 new bathrooms and 2 kitchens, a garden room extension in a deliberately contrasting idiom, and a selective, appropriate interior design and furnishing.